For those who own them, what made you like 90s shellsuits?

shellsuitcum

Member+
Just curious to see why some of y’all got drawn towards 90s shellsuits.

For me, it was how soft and lightweight they were. Prior to owning shellsuits, I only wore sweatsuits but I was looking for something lighter. I found one at a local Salvation Army and got hooked. It had the warmth of traditional sweatpants/shirts, but the soft nylon shell, patterns, lightweight feel, and cotton lining was the best of both worlds. Plus, the elastic bottomed track pants paired with sneakers looked great together.

jsl543

Member+
Pretty much the same here! The soft outer shell combined with the cozy cotton lining is a perfect combination. Lightweight, comfortable, roomy, and ridiculously easy to take care of: simple to wash, quick to dry, no ironing.:) Perfect for home and lounging after spending the day in office/work attire or jeans.

shinynylonfetish

Member+
I loved the look of the nylon shell on the shiny ones. The look of the track pants always got me excited especially if a top was tucked into them. Only a couple of times have I seen the jackets tucked into the bottoms. Once saw a guy wearing a thick cream cable knit jumper tucked into black shiny trackies and for ages I wanted to wear that combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom